Well, it's an attempt. This was taken at 1/30th, f/8, 3200 ISO and is dramatically cropped from the original. The lens was a Vivitar Series 1 500mm with a 2x converter.
Moisture covered the front element of the lens, but I was too hurt to shoot again. I shall try again tonight and make my adjustments.
- I need a stool to do this. My back gave out after only 14 shots.
- I must remember to defog the lens.
- I need to figure out how to reduce vibration. I already have it shooting on timed exposure. I think I can lock the mirror up.
- Exposure is ok. However, if I can get the vibration taken care of, then I can drop the shutter speed and the ISO and thus, increase the clarity.
- It is really cool that even with all these misgivings, you can see the colors of Jupiter.